Saturday, December 01, 2007

Lessons from Sydney: #1 Preparation is Key.

Preparation Precedes Blessings.



As I left the exam hall, walking in the drizzle back home, a sense of mixed feelings clouded my heart on that cloudy day. I am done with university life. This chapter is coming to a close. What happens next in this story is really determined by the path I choose to steer towards. Mediocre or great, I choose.

Having my 'family' from Melbourne and Perth over in Sydney was a short preview of life back in Malaysia. There is nothing greater than spending time with those you care about. To relate to people who share the experience of growing up in the same environment. To look back, and into the future of our lives, thank you.



//



I said my first goodbye today. It is a start of many to come as I pack my bags for home. It is a time of reflection, for the moments that have transpired in my short stint here, understanding the lessons of life learned and fully embracing every emotion of parting with a life that I will never see again.


Preparation is Key.


Regardless of how blessed we are, I have always believed preparation precedes blessings. Just like a student preparing for an exam, or a tourist preparing for a holiday, preparation helps us to be ready, to be free of unwanted stress. Above all, it allows us to enjoy the ride when the moment comes.

From the simple things such as logistics of the series of events, to the visualization of what is to come, preparation prepares us to be in that state of readiness. We have to ensure we have covered the things we can, and expect the unexpected, as life is never really as it seems. To progress to the unpredictable, the unknown, it is necessary.

Saying so, we must never forget that the moment is far greater than any preparation process. It is how we respond to the situations that require our utmost self that is important. We can prepare all our lives, and never seize the moment when it arrives. There needs to be that sense of urgency that life is lived in the present, not yesterday, or tomorrow.



//



Catching Missy Higgins tonight, and heading to the land down under of the Kiwis tomorrow. I can't believe it is December, just a few more weeks to home.



Preparation is key, but we should never live like this.




I remember.

3 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

faster come back.. quick.. i bring u to the new KDU computer lab.. is just right behind KDU oni.. they got few computer lab there.. can do assignment and relieve stress like playing dota and all.. make sure u come back quick.. dun spend too long in NZ... the whole team is waiting here in msia.. hahah

yapster

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Hey Yap,

Haha, alrite. Show me around when I get back :)

Man, cant believe you guys stopped the tradition!

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tradition is stop becoz one legend has lefted... and the troop is waiting for his return.. hahaha

so conclusion, come back quick... haha

yapster

 

Post a Comment

<< Home