Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Time Is Running Out.

The Choice.



After a great semester, an indescribable conference, and an amazing trip to Melbourne. I realized something significant.


Time...is running out.


It was good pushing through my 5 subject load last semester, even better meeting up with people from back home during the conference, and Melbourne was KL all over again. Awesome times, and time flew by.



//



I remember the question I asked myself before I left home, and I've been reminding myself of that question ever since.


Who will I become?


Understanding that my time here is crucial as I strengthen the foundations of my life for what is to come, to find the greater One and to learn to love unconditionally. The person that I leave Sydney as would be the person I bring back home.



//



With the mechanism of free will at play, the only true freedom each of us has in this life is the freedom of choice. And the most important choice is who we will become. Most of the time, we go through the motions without much thought.

But it is essential that we choose wisely, as Lewis puts it:


"Every time you make a choice you are turning the central part of you, the part that chooses, into something a little different than what it was before.

And taking your life as a whole, with all your innumerable choices, you are slowly turning this central thing either into a heavenly creature or into a hellish creature."


Like it or not, each choice that we make is significant. Each choice either makes or breaks us. Sometimes, its not just in the bigger things, but in our everyday living. Choices allow us to produce belief, credibility, discipline, reliability, loyalty. The choices we make, determines the people we will become.

As we head for the people we are becoming, consistency in the choices we make shapes our character. And our character is whats left behind when all is taken away. Whats left of us when all seems lost? Who would we be without the things we hold on so dearly to?



//



One of the most amazing people Ive ever met once told me,


THE GREATER SUCCESS OF A MAN IS...
slaying the demons in his heart,
conquering the enemies of his integrity,
loving the life that he has,
living the purpose of his God.


I guess in the months of silence, I've been doing just that. As I come to a close of my time as a 20-year old, closing in on my time here overseas, and ending my life as an undergraduate, the goal remains, to finish strong.



//



To Jason, Happy 11th Birthday. Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, you are more than what meets the eye. Know you are destined for greatness.



Shes amazing.




Stupid for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home