Friday, August 18, 2006

Autopilot.

Do you like to do it...auto-style?


A huge chunk of my teenage life was on Autopilot.

Come to think of it, I think Ive spent half of my years on sleep-mode. I cant really remember clearly what took place during the early stages of my teenage days. Its a blur, I sort of know what happened, but yet, at times...I wonder how it felt.

Those were the days when I started in secondary school, it was all about having fun. No real desire to achieve anything, besides having a great time in class playing games, I was waiting eagerly to rush to the cyber cafe every waking moment.


I used to spend 6 hours a day at the cyber cafe during the school holidays.


Things didn't really change, least not when I was still in school. Only when I got into college, and realized, man, if I wanna make it...Id better start doing something. So it started off really well, scoring High Distinctions with an ease. I was even supposed to be awarded a scholarship from Securities Commission, that's another story all together.

But looking back, I think my last few semesters in University, I might have gone Autopilot in my studies.



//



I somehow, made myself believe that EVERYTHING is easy, as long I believe it is. And to many extents, I still believe it is.

That belief system thought me that anything can be done, sometimes to the point that I discard the time factor. Guess that's the reason, Ive been on Autopilot. I dont use my brain at times, I just listen as I believe I can take it in all at one go.

Results from last semester proved me wrong. Wasn't the worst case scenario, but I didn't manage to score Distinctions. Ive gotta come out of this Autopilot mode in my studies quick. Sometimes, flying your own plane is always better.

Darn, I might have closed some doors because of what took place. Im up against a very talented and intelligent people all over. The Regional Award only speaks so much. Ive gotta put my act together in academics, before its really too late.



//



But besides that, this coming week would be insane. Ive got these coming up at 1 go:

1. Investment Analysis Assignment Due
2. Assurance and Audit Mid Semester
3. E06

Been having about 5 hours of sleep this week, cant imagine how many I would be having next week. With E06 thats going to drain ALL my physical energy, I bought a dozen 'Red Bulls' to keep me going.


Cheers to all that's happening.

4 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger Precious things said...

Happy 20th birthday mite!
have a great one ahead and be blessed..
heh.. the responsibility of a teenager who is no longer one.. =) sorry.. just felt like rubbing that in once again.. u are TWENTTYY!

start putting in the gearsticks on rev mode.. heh.. me got to do it too.. sigh..

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger TheDugong said...

oy...
happy birthday bro. Results are not everything man.. hahah.. But i have to agree, University life is actually quite sap sap sui as long as you steady a bit.. :P
Btw, Twenty is just a number. You will forever be 43 to me.. hehe.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Laura, hahaha, yeah, revving is always good.

Good for the engine and ears, loud sounds appear soft to me with the drums kicking in every now and then.

And grrr, hahaha, 20 is a different ball game all together.

Am sure I'll enjoy it, wait for your turn k?


=)

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Dugong!

Yoyoyo, havent heard from you for awhile man. How are the aussie girls treating you?

Hahaha, yeah, eh have you checked out GE's Financial Leadership Programme? Its pretty super man.

75% of all the Fortune 500's CEO were from that programme. Amazing.


//


Wah, how come 43? Dont tell me you found out I dated a 43 year old, and thats why...muahahaha.

Hear from you soon bro.

When coming back for neslo ais and nasi lemak?



;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home