Thursday, September 07, 2006

Afraid?

Are you hiding under your bed?



While playing 10 questions, a friend asked me,

"What's your phobia?"

I paused, and gave it a thought.


But somehow, I didnt manage to find something that I was really afraid of. I used to be scared of being at high places, but I think Ive overcome that. Many things crossed my mind, and not one of them, Id like to label them as my phobia.

Could it possibly be that Im without much fear?

Then one came up...Im afraid of failure.

Maybe its because of what Ive got out of life so far. Things usually go on pretty well with most of the things I lay my hands upon. Maybe its because Ive not experience failure drastic enough, thats why when I really think about it, Im afraid.


What if I dont make it big?

What if I stumble and fall one day?

What if after all, I still cant seem to love?


Weird, but I was happy that I found something that Im afraid of. Makes me feel abit. And its always nice feeling, cause no one likes a numb soul.



//



Its past 3am in the morning, and the only thing keeping me alive is the fear of Investment Analysis.




d=)

3 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger chaiyen said...

i used to not have any fear too but i realised now i have a lot... i wonder if that is quarter life crisis or is it when you realise you have one fear, it open the door for another.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Hmmmm, think as we learn more, and possibly grow more. We realise how small we actually are. Taking that into account, we slowly, gradually, become very fearful creatures.

Whats your greatest fear?


d=)

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Sam said...

To be honest, sometimes it is. Although I try to tell myself its okay to make mistakes, most of the times I never want to make them.

Its because mistakes can be very costly. But when I do make silly ones, or ones that I can learn from, I try to =)

Sometimes its not that easy to make them when many are watching. I dont know...maybe its just me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home