Thursday, September 14, 2006

Its A Small World After All.

Olympic National Park, Washington.



Most of us view the world as we see it. Day in day out, we accept the things that come our way. So what if others are progressing and we are still stuck here in the moment? Its our life anyways...right?

I love going overseas, cause whenever I do, I get the feeling that for that moment, life is bigger than what I usually see. My recent trip to Hong Kong and the United States reminded me, that its not a small world after all.

The world is huge, and we are only a small fraction of it. Too many times, I go back to the way we Malaysians were brought up, I dont question. So what if the system is like that? Its not that anyone can do anything about it...right?


We sometimes...just dont care.


After speaking to the top 10 teams of the Taylor's Business Plan Competition, I took back more than what I went there with. While challenging them to question every rule, I shot that question back at myself,


Do I question enough?


Not questioning leads us to a life where we just accept the norm. And for most of us, when we do not challenge the norm, is when we never live to our full potential. The world is so much bigger than what we experience everyday.



//



I was once told that the richest place on the earth is the graveyard. Buried beneath the soil within are...

dreams that never came to pass,
songs that were never sung,
books that were never written,
paintings that never filled a canvas,
ideas that were never shared,
visions that never became a reality,
inventions that were never designed,

and purposes that were never fulfilled.



//



What are we doing with our potential?

Do we really know what our purpose here is?

Are we accepting everything that comes our way?


Cause its really not a small world after all. Lifes a stage, we all have our roles in this play, are we happy and satisfied with our characters? If anything at all, the ball is on our court if we arent contented.



//



Last Saturday was my first time getting paid to do a seminar. Wouldnt mind doing that again ;o)


Click here for an interesting read.






4 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger sportygal said...

hei there...

ure not alone....hav been feeling like dat for the past 9 mths...haha...so yeah, am looking 4ward to leave soon...
syd will indeed b a gud change for you...and it's happening...haha...im bias =)
anw...thought u'll like to check out this site... http://www.e-connections.org/lesson3/lesson3.htm
im trying 2 get acquainted with economics and investments...this site was cool...
enjoy

rach

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Hey hey!


Me too, in certain manners. Need to see new things and get myself outta here.


Sounds bad, but yeah...believe its for the best. I cant seem to get in the site!


Econs and Investments, dizzy subjects.



d=)

 
At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good post!

keep up the interesting reads.

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Thanks bro. Appreciate it.


Will continue to use this as an avenue to find myself.



//



Oh, DOA is really crap. Haha!




d=)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home