Saturday, December 16, 2006

2006.

Can we finish strong together?



As the year is coming to an end, Ive been reflecting. 2006 has been a very interesting year for me, with many triumphs and tribulations. Its the year where:

  • I died at 'dooms day'. Maybe because of that...I'm very numb in many ways.

  • Won the Regional HSBC Young Entrepreneur Awards in Hong Kong. A lil press and media coverage for that. Major confidence boost...thanks Dad.

  • Turned 20. For me, it signifies entering a different playing field. My teenage grounds were fun, I'm looking forward for this season of my life...the twenty-somethings.

  • Failed a subject for the first time at Uni. As much as its difficult, theres always a lesson in failure. I'm learning how to embrace it...and I still believe His plan is perfect.

  • Said goodbye. And for the first time...I guess this is really goodbye.



//



I remember entering the year with 2 main resolutions. And Ive always believed its good to have them. They keep us in check of what we set out to do in the first place. With them, we are able to measure our walk.

For me, this year's aim was to:

  1. Love wholeheartedly.
  2. Finish strong.

I'm looking back the year, and indeed it has been a great year. With many smiles and tears along the way of sunny days and stormy nights. 2006 would be one of those years that I will never forget.

At the end of the day, I want to learn how to love wholeheartedly, and finish strong. I want to live life and know that I have succeeded.



//



Emerson once said...

"To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch...to know that even once life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."


The many times I fell, and I couldn't shout cause no one should understand, thanks for being there. I appreciate You.

In my victories, I stand in awe for I know I do not deserve certain things that I have achieved. I am grateful for You.



//



In the process of getting my visa done for Australia and enjoying the Christmas season. Its my favourite time of the year.

Online dating anyone?




d=) ;o)

11 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

online dating?. ;)

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Hey there!

Yup yup, did you check it out?

Hehe d=)

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha nope. i shall! x) for fun. hehe. (;

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Hehe, youre online!

But I dont see you anywhere.

Hmmmm, maybe I dont have your msn d=)

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, of course im online Sam! (: ashleyinsweet16@hotmail.com is the address. :D

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Added! d=)

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i added you too! (;

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger chaiyen said...

it is surely a good year to have you around.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Sam said...

And it never gets boring with you.

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Jon Ng said...

it's been a good year for both of us.....i'm beginning to miss you already man....(wahh, so jiwang!)...but really..

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Wah, hahaha, Im gone before anyone knows it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home