Sunday, September 24, 2006

I Dont Want A Family.

Do you want a family?



"I dont want a family."


Ive been hearing those lines frequently the past few months. At first, I thought it was weird. But after having many people telling me that, I think it might just be a norm nowadays. The entity of a family has lost its touch.

Studies show that our main source of influence for our generation would be our friends. As compared to the previous generation, parents played the most important role in giving advice and necessary information about life.


Could it be...that families dont work anymore?


Most people that Ive talked to that do not want a family or kids gave some similar opinions:


1. The world isnt a very nice place, why bring a child in to suffer?
2. Families dont really work, I know mine did not.
3. Reason why the family system doesnt work is because I dont think my marriage is gonna last.


And I guess perhaps because we are so individualistic now, that we dont bother with anything else. I mean, why bother all the trouble of commitment to another person and raising kids when we can live life to the fullest by ourselves?



//



Cant possibly imagine raising a family at the moment. Theres just so much that I wanna do. A cute kid? Sure it would be lotsa fun, but a kid would mean pushing or slowing the many things that I want to accomplish.


But...I want a family.


I thank God for the family Im in. Wouldnt be half the person I am if its not because of my parents and the way they have brought me up, or rather, the way they have showed me how to live. And Id like to repeat that cycle with being the dad this time.

Its not only heaps of fun, but I remember my family as a place where I find security. For me, its been safe here, and I hope it continues that way. At home, I can just be myself and not be worried that they will judge or love me any less.

As the time approaches for me to leave home, Im trying to embrace every moment of it.



//



Ive booked my accommodation in Sydney, and soon the flight there. Would be speaking again at Taylor's College this week, its gonna be fun.


This is just cool.




14 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger Felix :O) said...

lol... the vid was somewhat amusing.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Jon Ng said...

wow.....Sam, I think you'll make a great dad to your kids...and an 'exciting' husband to your wife. Muahaha.....

You'll be leaving in 4 months time I guess....Let's catch up while we can,k.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Felix,


Haha, at first I found it just really funny. But after showing Chris and the rest at home, I realised, its very meaningful!


Just imagine if we could have such satisfaction in the little things, how amazing. That would be nice.


d=)

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Ah Jon!


Muahahaha, thanks bro! Hope I'll be.


I wonder why 'exciting'? Ehehehe, the brackets have implicit meaning eh? Super T.T


Yeah, we shall chill more often. Miss HALO very much. But I guess, things would just never be as it used to be, right?


;o)

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... 4 more months!

='(

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Yup...4 more months.


='(

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Jon Ng said...

Well, sam....things would never be the same....but let's make things better than b4. Miss Halo too....but we're gonna miss you most!

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Ahaha, thanks.


Am all ready!


When when?



d=)

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think i'll just blame the decline of the family on feminists. And the divorce act.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Hey Alix!


Soo great to hear from you. How did you find me?


Interesting theory. What happens if there isnt a divorce act? Wondering if we would just end up with unhappy families.


Hmmmm, hehehe, see you soon alright? Its hard to locate people in the new sanc.



d=)

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Jon Ng said...

Anytime,man.....dots , Halo, williams, murns.....hahaha...

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Jonny,


Hahaha, would be cool if we can meet at Scottland.


Will cheers there to the simple things of life.



T.T

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Jon Ng said...

Haha....probably will be somewhere else in the world....Scotland is a close door.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Hmmmm,


Huay Phing's gonna call us up at Mount K.


That would do the trick.



d=)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home